List of Publication：
1. Hideo Jinnou, Masato Sawada, Koya Kawase, Naoko Kaneko, Vicente Herranz Pérez, Takuya Miyamoto, Takumi Kawaue, Takaki Miyata, Yasuhiko Tabata, Toshihiro Akaike, Jose Manuel García-Verdugo, Itsuki Ajioka, Shinji Saitoh, Kazunobu Sawamoto*. Radial glial fibers support neuronal migration and regeneration after neonatal brain injury. Cell Stem Cell, accepted.
2. Ken-ichiro Kamei, Yasumasa Mashimo, Momoko Yoshioka, Yumie Tokunaga, Christopher Fockenberg, Shiho Terada, Yoshie Koyama, Minako Nakajima, Teiko Shibata-Seki, Li Liu, Toshihiro Akaike, Eiry Kobatake, Siew-Eng How, Motonari Uesugi, Yong Chen*, Microfluidic-Nanofiber Hybrid Array for Screening of Cellular Microenvironments. Small, 2017, 13(18),
3. Kenichi Arai, Toshiko Yoshida, Motonori Okabe, Mitsuaki Goto, Tanveer Ahmad Mir, Chika Soko, Yoshinari Tsukamoto, Toshihiro Akaike, Toshio Nikaido, Kaixuan Zhou, Makoto Nakamura*, Fabrication of 3D-culture platform with sandwich architecture for preserving liver-specific functions of hepatocytes using 3D bioprinter. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. A, 2017, 105(6), 1583-1592.
4. Nihad Adnan, Masayasu Mie, Amranul Haque, Sharif Hossain, Yasumasa Mashimo, Toshihiro Akaike, Eiry Kobatake*, Construction of a Defined Biomimetic Matrix for Long-Term Maintenance of Mouse Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Bioconjug. Chem., 2016, 27(7), 1599-1605
5. Yan Zhang, Hongli Mao, Chao Gao, Suhua Li, Qizhi Shuai, Jianbin Xu, Ke Xu, Lei Cao, Ren Lang, Zhongwei Gu, Toshihiro Akaike, Jun Yang*, Enhanced Biological Functions of Human Mesenchymal Stem-Cell Aggregates Incorporating E-Cadherin-Modified PLGA Microparticles. Adv. Healthc. Mater., 2016, 5(15), 1949-1959.
6. Ke Xu, Qizhi Shuai, Xiaoning Li, Yan Zhang, Chao Gao, Lei Cao, Feifei Hu, Toshihiro Akaike, Jianxi Wang, Zhaongwei Gu, Jun Yang*, Human VE-cadherin fusion protein as an artificial extracellular matrix enhancing the proliferation and differentiation functions of endothelial cell. Biomacromolecules, 2016,17 (3),756-766.
7. Yan Zhang, Hongli Mao, Mengyuan Qian, Feifei Hu, Lei Cao, Ke Xu, Qizhi Shuai, Chao Gao, Ren Lang*, Toshihiro Akaike, Jun Yang*, Surface modification with E-cadherin fusion protein for mesenchymal stem cell culture. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2016, 4, 4267-4277.
8. Amranul Haque, Nihad Adnan, Ali Motazedian , Farhima Akter, Sharif Hossain, Koichi Kutsuzawa, Kakon Nag, Eiry Kobatake, Toshihiro Akaike*, An Engineered N-Cadherin Substrate for Differentiation, Survival, and Selection of Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Neural Progenitors. PLoS One, 2015, 10(8), e0135170
9. Xin Wu, Hirofumi Yamamoto*, Hiroyuki Nakanishi, Yuki Yamamoto, Akira Inoue, Mitsuyoshi Tei, Hajime Hirose, Mamoru Uemura, Junichi Nishimura, Taishi Hata, Ichiro Takemasa, Tsunekazu Mizushima, Sharif Hossain, Toshihiro Akaike, Nariaki Matsuura, Yuichiro Doki, Masaki Mori, Innovative Delivery of siRNA to Solid Tumors by Super Carbonate Apatite. PLoS One, 2015, 10(3), e0116022.
10. Qingyuan Meng, Chunsheng Tao, Zhiye Qiu, Toshihiro Akaike, Fuzhai Cui, Xiumei Wang*, A hybrid substratum for primary hepatocyte culture that enhances hepatic functionality with low serum dependency. Int. J. Nanomedicine, 2015, 10, 2313-2323.
11. Teiko Shibata-Seki, Kazuki Tajima, Hiroki Takahashi, Hiroya Seki, Junji Masai, Hiroshi Goto, Eiry Kobatake, Toshihiro Akaike, Norihiko Itoh*, AFM characterization of chemically treated corneal cells. Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2015, 407, 1618-2642.
12. Jianbin Xu, Suhua Li, Feifei Hu, Chuanshun Zhu, Yan Zhang, Wei Zhao, Toshihiro Akaike, Jun Yang, Artificial biomimicking matrix modifications of nanofibrous scaffolds by hE-cadherin-Fc fusion protein to promote human mesenchymal stem cells adhesion and proliferation. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2014, 14(6), 4007-4013.
13. Yi Shang, Miho Tamai, Ryusei Ishii, Noriyuki Nagaoka, Yasuhiro Yoshida, Masamichi Ogasawara, Jun Yang, Yohichi Tagawa*, Hybrid sponge comprised of galactosylated chitosan and hyaluronic acid mediates the co-culture of hepatocytes and endothelial cells. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 2014, 117(1), 99-106.
14. Sharif Hossain, Ezharul Hoque Chowdhury, Nihad Adnan, Toshihiro Akaike, Biocompatible apatite nanoparticles: A versatile tool for cellular delivery of genes, sirnas, drugs and proteins. NOVA, 2014, 225-242.
15. Kakon Nag*, Nihad Adnan, Koichi Kutsuzawa, Toshihiro Akaike, Cadherin-Fc Chimeric Protein-Based Biomaterials: Advancing Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicine Towards Application. INTECH, 2014, 137-164.
16. Pan He, Shin-nosuke Takeshima, Seiichi Tada, Toshihiro Akaike, Yoshihiro Ito, Yoko Aida*, pH-sensitive carbonate apatite nanoparticles as DNA vaccine carriers enhance humoral cellular immunity. Vaccine, 2014, 32(47), 6199-6205.
17. Nag Kakon, Akaike Toshihiro, E-Cadherin-Fc Chimeric Protein-Based Biomaterial: Breaking the Barriers in Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicine. Advanced Materials Research, 2013, 810, 41-76.
18. Fumihiro Aratsu, Ichiro Harada*, Soichiro Yoshimura, Chong-Su Cho,Toshihiro Akaike,Yoh-ichi Tagawa, Dynamic chemotactic response of fibroblasts to local stimulation using EGF-immobilized microbeads. Biomaterials, 201, 35(8), 2471-2476.
19. Sultana N, Nakamura N, Hirose S, Akaike T, Nag K*, Congenital Heart Diseases and Biotechnology: Connecting by Connexin. Advanced Materials Research, 2014, 995, 85-112.
20. Nag K, Sultana N, Akaike T*, The curses and blesses of E-cadherin. Human Genetics and Embryology, 2014.
21. Nag K*, Sultana N, Kato A, Nakamura N, Drannik A, Akaike T, Hirose S, Ligand-induced internalization, recycling and resensitization of adrenomedullin receptors depend not on CLR or RAMP alone but on the receptor complex as a whole. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 2015, 212, 156-162.
22. K. Nag, N. Adnan, K. Kutsuzawa, K. Akaike, Technology in Stem Cell Research. In Embryonic Stem Cells. ISBN 980-953-307-1110-9, 2014.
23. Jinbin Xu*, Chuanshun Zhu, Yan Zhang, Nan Jiang, Suhua Li, Zhongyu Su, Toshihiro Akaike, Jun Yang. hE-cadherin-Fc fusion protein coated surface enhances the adhesion and proliferation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Colloids and surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013, 109, 97-102.
24. Xu Jinbin, Zhang Yan, Li Suhua, Yao Fanglian, Akaike Toshihiro, YangJun. Human E-cadherin-Fc fusion protein matrix improving the hepatic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Chinese Journal of Biomedicial Engineering, 2013, 32(6), 27-34.
25. Kakon Nag*, Toshihiro Akaike, E-Cadherin – Fc Chimeric Protein-Based Biomaterial: Breaking the Barriers in Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicine. In Advanced Materials Research, 2013,810,41-76.
26. You-Kyoung Kim, Hu-Lin Jiang, Bijay Singh, Yun-Laie Choi, Myung-Haing Cho, Toshihiro Akaike, Chong-Su Cho, Application of Marine Biomaterials for Gene Delivery. In Marine Biomaterials: CRC Press, 2013, 657-671
27. Jinbin Xu*, Chuanshun Zhu, Yan Zhang, Nan Jiang, Suhua Li, Zhongyu Su, Toshihiro Akaike, Jun Yang, hE-cadherin-Fc fusion protein coated surface enhances the adhesion and proliferation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Colloids and surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013, 109, 97-102.
28. Jovic D, Sakaue-Sawano A, Abe T, Cho CS, Nagaoka M, Miyawaki A, Toshihiro A*, Direct observation of cell cycle progression in living mouse embryonic stem cell on an extracellular matrix of E-cadherin. Springer Plus, 2013, 2(585).
29. Mattias L, Haque A, Adnan N, Akaike T*, The effects of artificial E-cadherin matrix-induced embryonic stem cell scattering on paxillin and RhoA activation via α-catenin. Biomaterials, 2013, 35(6), 1797-1806.
30. S.J. Kim *, H. Ise, E. Kim, M. Goto, T. Akaike, BH. Chung, Imaging and therapy of liver fibrosis using bioreducible polyethylenimine/siRNA complexes conjugated with N-acetylglucosamine as a targeting moiety. Biomaterials, 2013, 34(27), 6504-6514.
31. J. Matsuzaki, H. Suzuki *, H. Tsugawa, M. Watanabe, S. Hossain, E. Arai., Y. Saito, S. Sekine, T. Akaike, Y. Kanai, K. Mukaisho, J. Auwerx, T. Hibi, Bile Acids Increase Levels of MicroRNAs 221 and 222, Leading to Degradation of CDX2 During Esophageal Carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology, 2013, 145(6), 1300-1311.
32. S. Hossain, H. Yamamoto, EH. Chowdhury, X. Wu, H. Hirose, A. Haque, Y. Doki, M. Mori, T. Akaike*, Fabrication and intracellular delivery of Doxorubicin/Carbonate Apatite Nanocomposites: Effiect on growth retardation of established Colon Tumor. PLoS One, 2013, 8(4), e60428.
33. Sharif Hossain, Ezhurul Haque Chowdhury, Toshihiro Akaike, Inorganic Nanomaterials of Carbonate Apatite as Intracellular Nucleic Acid/Drug Transportation. In Bioengineered Nanomaterials, CRC press 149-162
34. Meihua Yu, Fengyi Du, Hirohiko Ise, Wei Zhao, Yan Zhang, Yaoting Yu, Fanglian Yao, Jun Yang*, Toshihiro Akaike, Preparation and characterization of a VEGF-Fc fusion protein matrix for enhancing HUVEC growth. Biotechnol. Lett., 2012, 34(9), 1765-1771.
35. Y.K. Kim, H.L. Jiang, D.D. Guo, Y.J. Choi, M.H. Cho, T. Akaike, C.S. Cho, Chemical Modification for Delivery of DNA and siRNA. Chitosan-Based Systems for Biopharmaceuticals. Delivery, Targeting and Polymer Therapeutics, B. Sarmento and J. Neves eds. John Wiley &Sons Ltd. Pub. 2012,
36. Amranul Haque, Toshihiro Akaike, Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells into Endoderm-Derived Hepatocytes. Book name: Stem cells and cancer stem cells, Vol. 6. Edt. M.A. Hayat. Springer Science & Business Media B.V. (2012).
37. C.S. Cho H.L. Jiang, T. Hoshiba, T. Akaike, Design of Biomimetic Scaffold for Liver Tissue Engineering. The Handbook of intelligent Scaffold for Regenerative Medicine, G. Khang ed. Pan Stanford Publishing Pte. Ltd. 2012,400-415
38. A. Haque*, X-S. Yue, A. Motazedian, Y. Tagawa, T. Akaike, Characterization and neural differentiation of mouse embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells on cadherin-based substrata. Biomaterials, 2012, 33(20), 5094-5106.
39. S. Sakai, J. Kim, B. Hexig, Y. Okahata, CS. Cho, T. Akaike. Adsorption behaviors of recombinant E-cadherin-IgG Fc fusion protein on polystyrene surface. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012, 94, 192-198.
40. K. Komura, H. Ise*, T. Akaike, Dynamic behaviors of vimentin induced by interaction with GlcNAc molecules. Glycobiology. 2012, 22, 1741-1759.
41. A. Stanislaus, A. Bakhtiar, D Salleh, S. Tiash, T. Fatemian, S. Hossain, T. Akaike, EH. Chowdhury*, Knockdown of PLC-gamma-2 and calmodulin 1 genes sensitizes human cervical adenocarcinoma cells to doxorubicin and paclitaxel. Cancer Cell Int., 2012, 12, 30.
42. XS. Yue, M. Fujishiro, C. Nishioka, T. Arai, E. Takahashi, JS. Gong, T. Akaike, Y. Ito*, Feeder cells support the culture of induced pluripotent stem cells even after chemical fixation. PLoS One. 2012, 7(3), e32707.
43. H. Ise *, M. Goto, K. Komura, T. Akaike, Engulfment and clearance of apoptotic cells based on a GlcNAc-binding lectin-like property of surface vimentin. Glycobiology. 2012, 22(6), 788-805.
44. I. Harada*, S. Yanagisawa, K. Iwasaki, CS. Cho, T. Akaike, Local mechanical stimulation of mardin-darby canine kidney cell sheets on temperature-responsive hydrogel. Int. J. Mol. Sci., 2012, 13(1), 1095-1108.
45. S. Hossain, EH. Chowdhury, T. Akaike*, Nanoparticles and toxicity in therapeutic delivery: the ongoing debate. Ther. Deliv.,2011, 2(2), 125-132.
46. Q. Meng*, A. Haque, Hexing, T. Akaike, The differentiation and isolation of mouse embryonic stem cells toward hepatocytes using galactose-carrying substrata. Biomaterials, 2012, 33(5), 1414-1427.
47. SJ. Kim*, H. Ise, M. Goto, T. Akaike, Interactions of vimentin- or desmin-expressing liver cells with N-acetylglucosamine-bearing polymers. Biomaterials, 2012, 33(7), 2154-2164.
48. A. Minato*, H. Ise, M. Goto, T. Akaike, Cardiac differentiation of embryonic stem cells by substrate immobilization of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 4 with elastin-like polypeptides. Biomaterials, 2012, 33(2), 515-523.
49. FT. Zohra*, Y. Maitani, T. Akaike, mRNA Delivery through Fibronectin Associated Liposome-Apatite Particles: A New Approach for Enhanced mRNA Transfection to Mammalian Cell. Biol. Pharm. Bull., 2012, 35(1), 111-115.
50. A. Haque, M. Nagaoka, X-S. Yue, S.A. Duncan, T. Akaike, Artificial Acellular Feeder Layer: An Advanced Engineered Extracellular Matrix for Stem Cell Culture. Embryonic Stem Cell. INTECH, 2011.
51. S. Hossain, E. H. Chowdhury, T. Akaike*, Nanoparticles and toxicity in therapeutic delivery: the ongoing debate. Therapeutic Delivery, 2011, 2(2), 125-132.
52. C.S. Cho, H.-L. Jiang, T. Hoshiba, S.-H. Kim, T. Akaike, Extracellular matrices for hepatic tissue engineering. In “Methods in Cell Transplantation” Editor A. Soto-Gutierrez, N. Navarro-Alvareaz, and I J Fox. 1-22 (2011)
53. A. Haque, B. Hexig, Q Meng, S. Hossain, M. Nagaoka, T. Akaike*, The effect of recombinant E-cadherin substratum on the differentiation of endoderm-derived hepatocyte-like cells from embryonic stem cells. Biomaterials, 2011, 32(8), 2032-2042.
54. B-S. Kim, I-K. Park, T. Hoshiba, Hu-L. Jiang, Y-J. Choi, T. Akaike*, C-S. Cho. Design of artificial extracellular matrices for tissue engineering. Progress in Polymer Science, 2011, 36(2), 238-268.
55. SJ. Kim, H. Ise*, M. Goto, K. Komura, CS. Cho, T. Akaike, Gene delivery system based on highly specific recognition of surface-vimentin with N-acetylglucosamine immobilized polyethylenimine. Biomaterials, 2011, 32(13), 3471-3480.
56. D. Jovic, A. Haque, B. Hexing, M. Nagaoka, T. Akaike*, Control of Singular Cell Cycle Synchronization of Mouse ES Cells for Hepatocyte Differentiation on E-Cadherin Substratum. J. Biotechnol. Biomaterial, 2011, 1(3), 113-119.
57. T. Adachi*, M. Goto, CS. Cho, T. Akaike, Modulation of cytochrome P450 gene expression in primary hepatocytes on various artificial extracellular matrices. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2011,413(4), 577-581.
58. T. Hebishima, S. Tada, SN. Takeshima, T. Akaike, Y. Ito, Y. Aida*, Induction of antigen-specific immunity by pH-sensitive carbonate apatite as a potent vaccine carrier. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2011, 415(4), 597-601.
59. M. Ise, H. Ise*, Y. Shiba, S. Kobayashi, S. M. Goto, M. Takahashi, T. Akaike, U. Ikeda, Targeting N-acetylglucosamine-bearing polymer-coated liposomes to vascular smooth muscle cells. J. Artif. Organs., 2011, 14(4), 301-309.
60. T. Ishihara, A. Kano, K. Obara, M. Saito, X. Chen, TG. Park, T. Akaike, A. Maruyama*, Nuclear localization and antisense effect of PNA internalized by ASGP-R-mediated endocytosis with protein/DNA conjugates. J. Control. Release., 2011, 155(1),34-39.
61. S. Hossain, T. Akaike, EH. Chowdhury, Current approaches for drug delivery to central nervous system. Curr. Drug Deliv., 2011, 7(5), 389-397.
62. M. A. Haque, M. Nagaoka, B. Hexig, T. Akaike*, Artificial extracellular matrix for embryonic stem cell cultures: a new frontier of nanobiomaterials. Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater. 2010, 11(1), 014106.
63. M. Nagaoka, HL. Jiang, T. Hoshiba, T. Akaike*,CS. Cho, Application of Recombinant Fusion Proteins for Tissue Engineering. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2010, 38(3), 683-693.
64. S. Tada*, EH. Chowdhury, CS. Cho, T. Akaike, pH-sensitive carbonate apatite as an intracellular protein transporter. Biomaterials, 2010, 31(6), 1453-1459.
65. K. Azuma*, M. Nagaoka, CS. Cho, T. Akaike, An artificial extracellular matrix created by hepatocyte growth factor fused to IgG-Fc. Biomaterials, 2010, 31(5), 802-809.
66. S. Hossain*, S. Tada, T. Akaike, EH. Chowdhury, Influences of electrolytes and glucose on formulation of carbonate apatite nanocrystals for efficient gene delivery to mammalian cells. Anal. Biochem. 2010, 397(2), 156-161.
67. XS. Yue*, M. Fujishiro, M. Toyoda, T. Akaike, Y. Ito, Reprogramming of somatic cells induced by fusion of embryonic stem cells using hemagglutinating virus of Japan envelope (HVJ-E). Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2010, 394(4),1053-1057.
68. H. Ise*, S. Kobayashi, M. Goto, T. Sato, M. Kawakubo, M. Takahashi, U. Ikeda, T. Akaike, Vimentin and desmin possess GlcNAc-binding lectin-like properties on cell surfaces. Glycobiology, 2010, 20(7), 843-864.
69. XS. Yue*, Y. Murakami, T. Tamai, T. Nagaoka M, CS. Cho, Y.Ito, T.Akaike, A Fusion Protein N-Cadherin-Fc As An Artificial Extracellular Matrix Surface For Maintenance of Stem Cell Features. Biomaterials, 2010, 31(20), 5287-5296.
70. M. Nagaoka*, K Si-. Tayeb, T. Akaike, S.A.Duncan, Culture of human pluripotent stem cells using completely defined conditions on a recombinant E-cadherin substratum. BMC Dev. Biol., 2010.
71. S. Hossain*, A. Stanislaus, MJ Chua, S. Tada, Y. Tagawa, EH. Chowdhury, T. Akaike, Carbonate apatite-facilitated intracellularly delivered siRNA for efﬁcient knockdown of functional genes. J. Control. Release, 2010, 147(1), 101–108.
72. B. Hexing*, K. Isama, Y. Haishima, Y. Inoue, T. Tsuchiya, T. Akaike, Self-organization of the compositional gradient structure in hyaluronic acid and poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) blend film. J. Biomater. Sci. Polym. Ed.,2010 21(14), 1957-1970.
73. K. Yamaki, I. Harada, M.Goto, C-S.Cho, T.Akaike*, Regulation of cellular morphology using temperature-responsive hydrogel for integrin-mediated mechanical force stimulation. Biomaterials, 2009, 30(7), 1421-1427.
74. S. Kobayashi, H. Ise*, M. Takahasi, M.Goto, T.Akaike, U.Ikeda, Surface coating of bone marrow cell with N-acetylglucosamine for bone marrow implantation therapy. Biomaterials, 2009, 30(4), 574-582.
75. R. Kato, T. Maeda, T. Akaike, I. Tamai, Characterization of nucleobase transport by mouse Sertoli cell line TM4. Biol. Pharm. Bull., 2009, 32(3), 450-4555.
76. K. Kutsuzawa, S. Tada, S. Hossain, K. Fukuda, K. Maruyama, Y. Akiyama, T. Akaike, E.H. Chowdhury, Disrupting actin filaments promotes efficient transfection of a leukemia cell line using cell adhesive protein-embedded carbonate apatite particles. Anal. Biochem., 2009, 388(1), 164-166.
77. F.T. Zohra, E.H.Chowdhury, T.Akaike*, High performance mRNA transfection through carbonate apatite-cationic liposome conjugates. Biomaterials, 2009, 30(23-24), 4006-4013.
78. D. Jere*, HL. Jiang, R. Arote, YK. Kim, YJ. Choi, MH. Cho, T. Akaike, CS. Cho, Degradable polyethylenimines as DNA and small interfering RNA carriers. Expert Oppin. Drug Deliv., 2009, 6(8), 827-834.
79. M. Nagaoka*, H. Ise, I. Harada, U. Koshimizu, A. Maruyama, T. Akaike, Embryonic Undifferentiated Cells Show Scattering Activity on a Surface Coated With Immobilized E-Cadherin. J. Cell Biochem., 2008, 103(1), 296-310.
80. T. Hoshiba, M. Wakejima, CS. Cho, G. Shiota, T. Akaike*, Different regulation of hepatocyte behaviors b etween natural extracellular matrices and synthetic extracellular matrices by hepatocyte growth factor. J. Biomed. Maere. Res., 2008, 85, (1) ,228-235.
81. HL. Jiang*, ML. Kang, JS. Quan, SG. Kang, T. Akaike, HS. Yoo, CS. Cho, The potetial of mannosylated chitosan micropheres to target macrophage mannose receptors in an adjuvant-delivery system for intranasal immunization. Biomaterials, 2008, 29(12), 1931-1939.
82. T. Hiratsuka, M. Goto, Y. Kondo, C-S. Cho, T. Akaike*, Copolymers for Hepatocyte-Specific Targeting Carrying Galactose and Hydrophobic Alkyl Groups. Macromol. Biosci., 2008, 8(3), 231-238.
83. M. Nagaoka, Y. Hagiwara, K. Takemura, Y. Murakami, J. Li, SA Duncan*, Akaike T, Design of the artificial acellular feeder layer for the efficient propagation of mouse ES cells. J. Biol. Chem., 2008, 283(39), 26468-26476.
84. K. Kutsuzawa, K. Maruyama, Y. Akiyama, T Akaike, EH. Chowdhury, Efficient transfection of mouse embryonic stem cells with cell-adhesive protein-embedded inorganic nanocarrier. Anal. Biochem., 2008, 372(1), 122-4.
85. M. Kotaka, Y. Onishi, T. Ohno, T. Akaike, N. Ishida*, Identification of negative transcriptional factor E4BP4-binding site in the mouse circadian-regulated gene Mdr2. Neurosci. Res., 2008, 60(3), 307-313.
86. K. Kutsuzawa, T. Akaike, EH. Chowdhury*, The influence of the cell-adhesive proteins E-cadherin and fibronectin embedded in carbonate-apatite DNA carrier on transgene delivery and expression in a mouse embryonic stem cell line. Biomaterials, 2008, 29(3), 370-376.
87. S-H. Kim, T. Akaike, Epidermal growth factor signaling for matrix-dependent cell proliferation and differentiation in primary cultured hepatocyte. Tissue Engineering, 2007, 13(3), 601-609.
88. H-L. Jiang, Y-K. Kim, R. Arote, J-W. Nah, M-H. Cho, Y-J. Choi, T. Akaike C-S. Cho*, Chitosan-graft-polyethylenimine as a gene carrier. J. Controlled. Release, 2007, 117(2), 273-280.
89. I. Harada*, T. Akaike, A simple combined floating and anchored collagen gel for enhancing mechanical strength of culture system. J. Biomed. Mater. Res., A,2007, 80(1), 123-130.
90. T. Hoshiba, H. Nagahara, C-S. Cho, Y. Tagawa, T. Akaike*, Primary hepatocyte survival on non-integrin-recognizable matrices without the activation of Akt signaling. Biomaterials, 2007, 28(6), 1093-1104.
91. T. H-L. Jian, I-K. Park, M-L. Kang, H-S. Yoo, Y-J. Choi, T. Akaike, C-S. Cho; Immune stimulating activity of an atrophic rhinitis vaccine associated to pegylated chitosan microspheres in vitro. Polym. Adv. Technol., 2007, 18(3), 220-225.
92. T. Hoshiba*, K. Mochitate, T. Akaike, Hepatocytes maintain their function on basement membrane formed by epithelial cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2007, 359(1), 151-156.
93. KH. Park, K. Na, YS. Lee, WK. Chang, JK. Park, T. Akaike, DK. Kim*, Effects of mannosylated glycopolymers on specific interaction to bone marrow hematopoietic and progenitor cells derived from murine species. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A, 2007, 82A(2) , 281-287.
94. TH. Kim*, HL. Jiang, JW. Nah, MH. Cho, T. Akaike, CS. Cho, Receptor-mediated gene delivery using chemically modified chitosan. Biomed. Mater., 2007, 2(3), 95-S100.
95. M. Sugiura, M. Nagaoka, H. Yabuuchi, T. Akaike*, Overexpression of MCT8 enhances the differentiation of ES cells into neural progenitors. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun, 2007, 360(4), 741-745.
96. K. Kutsuzawa, K. Maruyama, Y. Akiyama, T. Akaike, EH. Chowdhury, Protein kinase C activation enhances transfection efficacy of cell-adhesive protein-anchored carbonate apatite nanocrystals. Anal. Biochem., 2007,116-117.
97. E.H. Chowdhury, T. Akaike, pH-Sensitive Inorganic Nano-Particles and Their Precise Cell Targetibility: An Efficient Gene Delivery and Expression System. Current Chemical Biology, 2007, 1(2), 201-213
98. SW. Choi, N. Makita, S. Inoue, C. Lesoil, A. Yamayoshi, A. Kano, T. Akaike, A. Maruyama*, Cationic comb-type copolymers for boosting DNA-fueled nanomachines. Nano. Lett., 2007, 7(1), 172-178.
99. H-L. Jiang*, M. Nagaoka, Y-K. Kim, R. Arote, D. Jere, I-Y. Park, T. Akaike, C-S. Cho, Gene Delivery to Stem Cells by Combination of Chitosan-Graft-Polyethylenimine as a Gene Carrier and E-Cadherin-IgG Fcas an Extracellular Matrix. J. Biomed. Nanotech., 2007, 3(4), 377-383.
100. H-L Jiang, J-T Kwon, Y-K Kim, E-M Kim, R Arote, H-J Jeong, J-W Nah, Y-J Choi, T Akaike. M-H Cho*, C-S Cho*, Galactosylated chitosan-graft-polyethylenimine as a gene carrier for hepatocyte targeting. Gene Therapy, 2007, 14, 1389-1398.
101. C.S. Cho, T. Hoshiba, I. Harada, T. Akaike*, Regulation of hepatocyte behavviors by galactose-carrying polymers through reciptor-mediated mechanism. Reactive & Functional Polymers, 2007, 67(11), 1301-1310.
102. F.T. Zohra, E.H. Chowdhoury, S. Tada, T. Hoshiba, T. Akaike*, Effective delivery with enhanced translation activity synergistically accelerates mRNA-based transfection. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2007, 351(1), 373-378.
103. T-H. Kim , H-L. Jian, D. Jere, I-K. Park, M-H. Cho, J-W. Nah, Y-J. Choi, T. Akaike. C-S. Cho*, Chemical modification of chitosan as a gene carrier in vitro and in vivo. Prog. Polym, Sci., 2007, 32(7), 726-753.
104. N. Makita*, SW. Choi, A. Kano, A. Yamayoshi, T. Akaike, A. Maruyama, Effect of cationic comb-type copolymer on quadruplex folding of human telomeric DNA. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids, 2007, 26(8-9), 1115-1119.
105. EH. Chowdhury*, T. Akaike, High performance DNA nano-carriers of carbonate apatite: multiple factors in regulation of particle synthesis and transfection efficiency. Int. J. Nanomedicine, 2007, 2(1), 101-106.
106. M-K Yoo, I-Y Kim, E. M. Kim, H-J. Jeong, C-M. Lee, Y.Y. Jeong, T. Akaike, C.S. Cho, Super-paramagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Coated with Galactose-Carrying Polymer for Hepatocyte Targeting. J. Biomedicine Biotechnology, 2007, Article ID 94740.
107. C.S. Cho, S.J. Seo, I.K. Park, S.H. Kim, T.H. Kim, T. Hoshiba, I. Harada, T. Akaike*, Galactose-carrying polymers as extracelllular matrices for liver tissue engineering. Biomaterials, 2006, 27(4), 576-585.
108. C.S. Cho, T. Hoshiba, I. Harada, T. Akaike*, Regulation of hepatocyte behaviors by galactose –carrying polymers through recept、or-mediated mechanism. Reactive and functional Polymers, 2007, 67(11), 1301-1310.
109. S.J. Seo, I.Y. Kim, S.H. Kim, Y.J. Choi, T. Akaike, C.S. Cho*, Enhanced liver functions of Hepatocytes cocultured with NIH3T3 in the alignate/garactosylated chitosan scaffold. Biomaterials, 2006, 27(8), 1487-1495.
110. S.J. Seo, H.S. Moon, D.D. Guo, S.H. Kim, T. Akaike*, C.S. Cho, Receptor-mediated delivery of all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) to hepatocytes from ATRM-loaded poly(N-p-vinylbenzyl-4-o-b-D-garactopyranosyl-D-gluconamide) nanoparticles. Materials Science and Engineering, 2006, 26, 136-141.
111. K. Ogiwara, M. Nagaoka, C-S. Cho, T. Akaike*, Effect of photo-immobilization of epidermal growth factor on the cellular behaviors. Biochem.Biophys. Res. Commun., 2006, 345(1), 255-259.
112. H. Zhang*, M. Iwama, T. Akaike, D.W. Urry, A. Pattanaik, T.M. Parker, I. Konishi, T. Nikaido, Human amiotic cell sheet harvest uing a novel temperature-responsive culture surface coated with protein-based polymer. Tissue Engineering, 2006, 12(2), 391-401.
113. T. Hoshiba, C-S. Cho, A. Murakawa, Y. Okahata, T. Akaike*, The effect of natural extracellular matrix deposited on synthetic polymers on cultured primary hepatocytes. Biomaterials, 2006, 27(26), 4519-4528.
114. E.H. Chowdhury*, A. Maruyama. A. Kano, M. Nagaoka, S. Hirose, M. Kunou, T. Akaike, pH-sensing nano-crystals of cabonate apatite: Effects on intracellular delivery and release of DNA for efficient expression into mammalian cells. Gene, 2006, 376(1), 87-94.
115. K. Kutsuzawa*, E.H. Chowdhury, M. Nagaoka, K. Maruyama, Y. Akiyama, T. Akaike, Surface functionalization of inorganic nano-crystals with fibronectin and E-cadherin chimera synergistically accelerates trans-gene delivery into embryonic stem cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2006, 350(3), 514-520.
116. S-J. Seo, Y-J. Choi, T. Akaike, A. Higuchi, C-S. Cho, Alginate/Galactosylated Chitosan] Heparin Scaffold as a New Synthetic Extracellular Matrix for Hepatocytes. Tissue Engineering, 2006, 12(1), 33-44.
117. M. Nagaoka, U. Koshimizu, S. Yuasa, F. Hattori, H. Chen, T. Tanaka, M. Okabe, K. Fukuda, T. Akaike*, E-cadherin-coated plates maintain pluripotent ES cells without colony formation. PLoS ONE, 2006,1(1), e15.
118. T.H. Kim, H-L. Jiang, I-Y. Park, Y-K. Kim, M.H. Cho, J.W. Nah, T. Akaike, C-S. Cho*, Chemical Modifications of Chitosan as Gene Carriers. Biomaterials Research, 2006, 10(3),110-116.
119. R. Kato*, T. Maeda, T. Akaike, I. Tamai, Nucleoside Transport at the Blood-Testis Barrier Studied with Primary-Cultured Sertoli Cells. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther., 2005, 312(2), 601-608.
120. S-J. Seo, T. Akaike, Y-J. Choi, M. Shirkawa, I-K. Kang, C-S. Cho*, Alginate microcapsules prepared with xyloglucan as a synthetic extracellular matrix for hepatocyte attachment. Biomaterials, 2005, 2(17), 3607-3615.
121. Y. Sato*, Y. Kobayashi, T. Kamiya, H. Watanabe, T. Akaike, K. Yoshikawa, A. Maruyama, The effect of backbone structure on polycation comb-type copolymer/DNA interactions and the molecular assembly of DNA. Biomaterials, 2005, 26(7), 703-711.
122. A. Higuchi*, M. Kurihara, K. Kobayashi, C-S. Cho, T. Akaike, M. Hara, Albumin and urea production by hepatocytes cultured on extracellular matrix proteins-conjugated poly(vinyl alcohol) membranes. J. Biomat. Sci., Polym. Edn., 2005, 16(7), 847-860.
123. R. Takei, S.J. Seo, C.S Cho, Y. Okahata, T. Akaike*, Adsorption behaviors of poly(N-p-vinylbenzyl-4-o-b-d-galactopyranosyl-[1→4]-d-gluconamide) by quartz-crystal microbalance. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2005, 42(2), 137-140.
124. E.H. Chowdhury*, T. Akaike, A Bio-Recognition Device Developed Onto Nano-Crystals of Carbonate Apatite for Cell-Targeted Gene Delivery. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2005, 90 (4), 414-419.
125. K-H. Park*, T. Akaike, Probing of Specific Binding of Synthetic Sulfonylurea with thte Insulinoma Cell Line MIN6. J. Biochem., 2005, 138(1), 21-25.
126. W. Meng, K.-H. Jung, I-K. Kang, O. H. Kwon, T. Akaike, Immobilization of Lactobionic Acid on Polyurethane Films and Their Interaction with Hepatocytes. Macromolecular Research, 2005,13(3), 257-264.
127. J. S. Lee, S.H. Kim, Y.J. Kim, T. Akaike, S.C. Kim*, Hepatocyte Adhesion on a Poly[N-p-vinylbenzyl-4-O-b-D-galactopyranosyl-D-glucoamide]-Coated Poly (L-lactic acid ) Surface. Biomacromolecules, 2005, 6(4), 1906-1911.
128. C. Iitaka*, K. Miyazaki, T. Akaike, N. Ishida, A Role for Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3b in the Mammalian Circadian Clock. J. Biol. Chem. 2005, 280(3), 29397-29402.
129. J.S. Moon*, H.M Jeon, W. Meng, T. Akaike, I.K. Kang, Morphology and metabolism of hepatocytes microencapsulated with acrylic terpolymer-alginate using gelatin and poly(vinyl alcohol)as extracellular matrices. J. Biomater. Sci. Polymer Edn., 2005, 16(10), 1245-1259.
130. T.H. Kim, S.I Kim, T. Akaike, C.S. Cho*, Synergistic effect of poly(ethylenimine) on the transfection efficiency of galactosylated chitosan/DNA complexes. J. Control. Release, 2005, 105(3), 354-366.
131. S.E. Cook*, I.K. Park, E.M. Kim, H.J. Jeong, T.G. Park, Y.J. Choi, T. Akaike, C.S. Cho, Galactosylated polyethlenimine-graft-poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) as a hepatocyte-targeting gene carrier. J. Control. Release.,2005, 105, 151-163.
132. Y-I. Jeong*, S-J. Seo, I-K. Park, H-C. Lee, I-C. Kang, T. Akaike, C-S. Cho, Cellular recognition of paclitaxel-loaded polymeric nanoparticles composed of poly(g-benzyl L-glutamate) and poly(ethylene glycol) diblock copolymer endcaped with galactose moiety. Inter. J. Pharmaceutics, 2005, 296(1-2), 151-161.
133. M.K. Yoo*, H.K. Choi, T.H. Kim, Y.J. Choi, T. Akaike, M. Shirakawa, C.S. Cho, Drug Release from Xyloglucan Beads Coated with Eudragit for Oral Drug Delivery. Arch. Pharm. Res., 2005, 28(6), 736-742.
134. E.H. Chowdhury, T. Akaike, Advances in Fabrication of Calcium Phosphate Nano-composites for Smart Delivery of DNA and RNA to Mammalian Cells. Current Analytical Chemistry, 2005,1(2),187-192.
135. F.T. Zohra*, E.H. Chowdhury, M. Nagaoka, T. Akaike, Drastic effect of nanoapatite particles on liposome-mediated mRNA delivery to mammalian cells. Analytical Biochemistry, 2005, 345(1), 164-166.
136. E.H. Chowdhury, T. Akaike*, Rapid isolation of high quality, multimeric plasmid DNA using zwitterionic detergent. J. Biotech., 2005, 119(4), 343-347.
137. E.H. Chowdhury*, M. Nagaoka, K. Ogiwara, F.T. Zohra, K. Kutsuzawa, S. Tada, C. Kitamura, T. Akaike, Integrin-Supported Fast Rate Intracellular Delivery of Plasmid DNA by Extracellular Matrix Protein Embedded Calcium Phosphate Complexes. Biochemistry, 2005, 44(37), 12273-12278.
138. K. Ogiwara*, M. Nagaoka, C-S. Cho, T. Akaike, Constraction of a novel extracellular matrix using a new genetically engineered epidermal growth factor fused to IgG-Fc. Biotech. Lett., 2005, 27(20), 1633-1637.
139. R. Takei*, D. Suzuki, T. Hoshiba, M. Nagaoka, S.J. Seo, C.S. Cho, T. Akaike, Role of E-cadherin molcules in speroid formation of hepatocytes adhered on galactose-carring polymer as an artificial asialoglycoprotein model. Biotech. Lett., 2005, 27(16), 1149-1156.